Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer Food Favs







During the summer, we have a few favorite foods - homemade ice cream, corn on the cob and zucchini to name a few.  Grandpa Larry made some homemade ice cream one night and it was delicious - Em and I could eat ice cream for three meals per day - no kidding! 

This year we have a garden (a small garden - 2 pepper plants, 1 zucchini plant and 4 various size tomato plants).  I have been helping take care of the garden (watering).  I also have a tomato plant in Nanny and Pa Pete's garden that their neighbor helped me plant.  This weekend, daddy was surprised to find our first zucchini - we grilled it with our meat and it was yummy - I asked for seconds and thirds!

Corn on the cob is quickly becoming Em and I's favorite.  In fact, when Em is done with her ear (and she does a decent job of finishing it off), she will move to the next empty chair to finish off that ear of corn. 

No comments: