Monday, October 29, 2012

The Soccer Season

Not sure if soccer was more appealing to me than baseball because I was in constant motion or because the weather was cooler?  Whatever the reason, I really liked playing soccer this fall.  We had one practice per week and games on Saturday mornings.  I missed the first two games because we went to cousin David's state baseball tournament, but I was able to play in the last few.  And at this age in soccer, everyone gets to play the whole game (if they want).  It is kind of like watching a swarm of bees with everyone running up and down the field together.  And sometimes a time out had to be called if an airplace flew overhead.
 
A member of the Green Team this year.
 
Warming up before the game.

 
Having a snack with cousin Luke at halftime.  He plays on another Green Team (the older kids).
 
I can't say that I ever kicked the ball, although the ball came really close to me a few times.  I liked to wear my shin guards (which were actually socks with the shin guards inside) and I did NOT like the mouth guard.  Even when daddy trimmed it down to next to nothing, I said it was choking me.

Darn it - mommy caught me trying to put the mouth guard in my pocket during the game.

 
I knew a couple of the kids on the team, which was a mixture of boys and girls in Pre-K and Kindergarten.  I sure had fun and wish the season was longer - can't wait for next year!

The Green Team
 

No comments: