I apologize for the tardiness in this post...where do I begin?? Over the 4th of July holiday, I developed a cough that just wouldn't go away and after a couple of sleepless nights with mommy & daddy, mommy decided that something must be up and I headed to the doctor (we were leaving for vacation that weekend and wanted to get whatever was ailing me cleared up). And boy were we in for a surprise...I had pneumonia! I had some blood work done, some chest x-rays, and began my breathing treatments. I needed breathing treatments every 4-6 hours for the next few days until my cough went away and also needed to continue my antibiotic from my ear infection that developed over the 4th of July...so we added another bag (for my breathing treatments) to the vacation packing list! But atleast I was still going on vacation!!
Looking back over the last week of breathing treatments, they weren't so bad...I am finishing up the treatments over the next couple of days (the dr. said my lungs sounded way better) and I even help mommy & daddy put together, take apart, and clean the machine we use. All in all - quite an experience!
And in the midst of all of my breathing treatments, we went on vacation to Lake of the Ozarks! Too bad the weather was less than great - cloudy and rainy for the first few days...we actually only spent a few hours at the pool. Mommy was disappointed she didn't get a better tan. And I wasn't such a fan of actually getting into the pool...I preferred to stand on the steps and splash. But it was great to hang out with all of my 'Gray side' aunts, uncles, and cousins that I haven't seen since Memorial Day (& some since Christmas). I spent my days playing with cousin Maddi's toys; sharing my trucks, cars, and books with cousins Maddi, Connor, and Marin; and dancing with Uncle Logan and cousin Michael. At mealtimes, cousin Maddi and I were 'dining buddies'...and I do miss having a 'dining buddy' now that we are back home!
No comments:
Post a Comment